My top 5 reasons for - Self Reflection
Updated: Mar 16
Self reflection. Something you hear about and it seems to go in one ear and out the other. Kind of like passing a exit going 80 mph. You might say.. Yes, I know what it means, but no I can't remember the last time I spent time reflecting in any meaningful or productive way. I'm writing this post primarily since I have gotten away from it and want to add it back. Thinking about why I've done it in the past and looking around to see what others have said here's my quick takeaway of benefits:
1. Helps with sleep if you do each evening before bedtime. Some do what's called a Gratitude Journal where they write down all that they're grateful for.
2. Helps you consider changes you might want to make to any of the important things in your life.
3. Helps you consider actions to take for the coming day/week ie. make lists and consider most important items. Write down goals..
4. Gives you a place to vent and release emotions
5. Allows you to post big and small questions about your life. Ones that will lead to change.